Monday, August 26, 2013

Fishy fishy...

Instead of doing a bit of work today, I went to the shop and got stuff for our aquarium. Yes we are now the proud owner of a tank with water and 2 plants. We can't put any fish in there for at least 2 weeks, this is for the bacteria and the water to settle(???). I have no clue, but I'm willing to listen to the people who know about this stuff. So my day was spent, boiling the little stones for ground cover, to get rid of harmful bacteria.

The kids ran in the house expecting to see fishies. I didn't know how to explain it, so I just told them the fishies weren't born yet. And in 2 weeks time we're able to pick them up.


It's not really a good picture, but you get the idea.

I was working on a hat for myself and I was almost done, but not happy with it. So I started drawing, calculating and banging my head on the table repeatedly, but I think I have the answer now. I want a pop corn stitch beret. But with berets, the problem is in the circle. How do you get the round curve of the beret? It will always be with corners (in my case 6 corners) where the increases are. And there are numerous ways to do it I guess, but I wanted to solve the problem myself. So I think I have it now... working on Row 4, so it can go anywhere still. But so far it looks good!

With the hat, I want make a scarf, arm warmers, mittens and boot cuffs (or maybe legwarmers). But the thing is, I don't have that yarn any more and I bought it last year. So no way in h*ll am I going to get that same color back again. So I will make the hat in this color and the set in a different color! Here's a preview:


If you have a way of making the perfect circle and you would like to share it, please leave me a comment! I'll bet you I'm doing it the hard way and there is a really simple answer to this!

Update: This hat is driving me nuts!!!!

xoxoxo Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment