Monday, September 30, 2013

Winter Outfit for my girl

It's getting chilly! Call me crazy, but I'm in winter mode already! Yesterday we had our first hot coco movie afternoon with Harry Potter, YAY!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE WARM WEATHER! But Winter has it's charms. I'm nuts about Christmas, the cozy nights on the sofa with a hot cup of tea and a biscuit, the snow and ice... aaaah love it! What I hate is the cold rain and the freezing wind.

I made a winter outfit for my girl. She got new boots, Timberlands (bargain on eBay!!). But the boots close at the top with Velcro and it bothered her walking. So I thought a boot cuff will solve that problem. I had made her the Chevron hat and she absolutely loves it. So I made her matching boot cuffs, nothing fancy, straight on HDC's all around. I put a flower on it and some fork pompoms. It looked cute! (Free pattern at the bottom of this post)

But my lovely daughter wanted mittens to go with it as well. So I made her mittens.

And by then I figured, if I would make her a little skirt, she could wear the whole outfit with some nice knitted white leggings and a lovely top in the winter.

I love it and it looks so cute on her!

Pattern for the Chevron Winter Hat for sale in my shops, with free bonus pattern skirt, mittens and boot cuffs included.

I'm a Craftsy Designer









Boot Cuffs - Free pattern



I started out with a beginning chain that would fit the width of the boot and not the leg.
Again, the amount of stitches doesn’t matter, follow the sequence.

R1, CH35, SLST to first CH to form a circle, SC in each st around, SLST to first SC
R2, CH3, SKIP1, *HDC in next st, CH1, SKIP1* repeat all around, work in back loop only - 35st
R3-R7, HDC in each st around - 35st
R8, SC in each st around in back loop only - 35st - as Aoibhinn’s boots have loops, I made an opening on each side of 5ch, so the hoops can go through., just mark out where and how long the gaps should be.
R9, SC in each st around in back loop only - 35st
R10-R12, HDC in each st around, fasten off with invisible join - 35st
weave in ends


Strap: CH71, SC in sec CH from hook, SC in next 69CH. Weave strap through holes in R2, Add pompons and flower.


1 comment:

  1. I love this hat. I'm really thinking about making this for my girl this winter.

    ReplyDelete